Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:59 am

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Re: SHOWS AND STUFF
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:48 am 
little maus on the prairie

Was the time they did "The People I'm Not" recorded? Also, I've heard tell of a 2005 concert in which Ariel does Lemon Meringue Pie, can anyone confirm this?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:41 am 
the great maus detective

Atlanta setlist

Nighttime is Great
Dedicated to Bobby
I wanna be Young
White Freckles
Time to meet your God
Thespian City
Dreamdate Narcissist
Kinski Assassin
Time to Live
Another Weekend
Feels like Heaven
Put your Number in my Phone
Menopause Man
A Tomb of Your Own
?
Alisa
Jagged Carnival Tours
Baby
Round and Round

Encore:
Death Patrol
Bubblegum Dreams
Do Yourself a Favor

Highlight for me was Tomb, maybe the trippiest thing I’ve seen in concert for a long time.

Last edited by RareGoat on Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:38 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

what a setlist, I'm glad you got to go |:o

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:07 am 
mausketeer

RareGoat wrote: *
Atlanta setlist

Nighttime is Great
Dedicated to Bobby
I wanna be Young
White Freckles
Time to meet your God
Thespian City
Dreamdate Narcissist
Kinski Assassin
Time to Live
Another Weekend
Feels like Heaven
Menopause Man
A Tomb of Your Own
?
Alisa
Jagged Carnival Tours
Baby
Round and Round

Encore:
Death Patrol
Bubblegum Dreams
Do Yourself a Favor

Highlight for me was Tomb, maybe the trippiest thing I’ve seen in concert for a long time.
I was there too! We should have chatted. Did you talk to Ariel?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:20 pm 
the great maus detective

pitilesscensor wrote: *
Atlanta setlist

Nighttime is Great
Dedicated to Bobby
I wanna be Young
White Freckles
Time to meet your God
Thespian City
Dreamdate Narcissist
Kinski Assassin
Time to Live
Another Weekend
Feels like Heaven
Menopause Man
A Tomb of Your Own
?
Alisa
Jagged Carnival Tours
Baby
Round and Round

Encore:
Death Patrol
Bubblegum Dreams
Do Yourself a Favor

I was looking for you, but a) I don't really know what you look like, and b) it was so dark and loud all the time that I have a hard time finding/conversing with anyone at shows like that. But I knew you were there because you mentioned a few months ago you were going.

I went to the merch booth a couple of times, I asked him (knowingly) if those pins he was selling were from Kate. [Look at me, shamelessly namedropping Kate like that, heh heh]. He said yeah and I showed him mine. I bought 3 LPs (Underground, Heaven Knows What, and Oddities Sodomies) and a t-shirt, and he signed my copy of Underground.

How about you? And how'd you like the Clang Quartet (opening act)? I'm a fan of noise but had never seen a bona-fide noise act in concert before. I was into it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:57 am 
mausketeer

Atlanta setlist

Nighttime is Great
Dedicated to Bobby
I wanna be Young
White Freckles
Time to meet your God
Thespian City
Dreamdate Narcissist
Kinski Assassin
Time to Live
Another Weekend
Feels like Heaven
Menopause Man
A Tomb of Your Own
?
Alisa
Jagged Carnival Tours
Baby
Round and Round

Encore:
Death Patrol
Bubblegum Dreams
Do Yourself a Favor

I was looking for you, but a) I don't really know what you look like, and b) it was so dark and loud all the time that I have a hard time finding/conversing with anyone at shows like that. But I knew you were there because you mentioned a few months ago you were going.

I went to the merch booth a couple of times, I asked him (knowingly) if those pins he was selling were from Kate. [Look at me, shamelessly namedropping Kate like that, heh heh]. He said yeah and I showed him mine. I bought 3 LPs (Underground, Heaven Knows What, and Oddities Sodomies) and a t-shirt, and he signed my copy of Underground.

How about you? And how'd you like the Clang Quartet (opening act)? I'm a fan of noise but had never seen a bona-fide noise act in concert before. I was into it.
Ha! I was the tall guy in front center. I was jamming out. I basically held Ariel up solo while he was crowdsurfing.

I posted my swag here: http://www.mausspace.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... 16&t=25279

I bought a couple things I didn't have and some buttons. He signed my copy of Pom Pom! I told him I was going to see John in February. He said it "would be an awesome show." I said this is going to be an awesome show! He smiled. After the show I was hanging out outside and actually chatted wiith Ariel and Bradford Cox from Deerhunter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:33 pm 
the great maus detective

Ha! I was the tall guy in front center. I was jamming out. I basically held Ariel up solo while he was crowdsurfing.

I bought a couple things I didn't have and some buttons. He signed my copy of Pom Pom! I told him I was going to see John in February. He said it "would be an awesome show." I said this is going to be an awesome show! He smiled. After the show I was hanging out outside and actually chatted wiith Ariel and Bradford Cox from Deerhunter.
Amazing! |:o
I was in the center of the crowd, but further back. The crowdsurfing was coming my way but didn't make it all the way to me. There was a really good vibe in that place, one of those shows where you really feel a connection between the performer and crowd. I think I first felt it around "Time to Live", at which point I caught a whiff of some sweet smoke, and suddenly we as a crowd had Liftoff. 8D

I do wish we'd met up. Also wish I could have stayed later and socialized after the show, but I'm not good at late nights and I had to get up real early for work the next day (and I felt it the next day too).

The Deerhunter guy was there? I've never really listened to them but they keep popping up on my "recommendations" because of other stuff I like. I keep forgetting to check them out.

My daughter was surprised to hear that I actually got to talk to Ariel in person and that he was selling his own merchandise. See, that's the advantage of being a fan of stuff that's more under-the-radar than, say, Taylor Swift. You'd never catch her selling t-shirts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:48 pm 
john everymaus

The Deerhunter guy was there? I've never really listened to them but they keep popping up on my "recommendations" because of other stuff I like. I keep forgetting to check them out.
Bradford Cox? Skinny tall guy who sings?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:22 am 
mausketeer

possiblegrenade wrote: *

Bradford Cox? Skinny tall guy who sings?
Yeah, that's him. He played a few songs with Ariel.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 am 
mausketeer

Amazing! |:o
I was in the center of the crowd, but further back. The crowdsurfing was coming my way but didn't make it all the way to me. There was a really good vibe in that place, one of those shows where you really feel a connection between the performer and crowd. I think I first felt it around "Time to Live", at which point I caught a whiff of some sweet smoke, and suddenly we as a crowd had Liftoff. 8D

I do wish we'd met up. Also wish I could have stayed later and socialized after the show, but I'm not good at late nights and I had to get up real early for work the next day (and I felt it the next day too).

My daughter was surprised to hear that I actually got to talk to Ariel in person and that he was selling his own merchandise. See, that's the advantage of being a fan of stuff that's more under-the-radar than, say, Taylor Swift. You'd never catch her selling t-shirts.
Sure, it would be great to meet any fellow Mausspacers. Definitely check out Deerhunter and his solo act Atlas Sound. I've met almost everyone I've seen in concert. I'm so glad I walked through the door of independent art. I could never go back now.