Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:52 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 8:19 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Thanks RG and MOD
my presentation went pretty well, so I'm elated
now I only got one more training to present to the state this year, and this one is more of a group effort
|:o

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:12 pm 
hippopotamaus

AppTrans wrote:
my presentation went pretty well, so I'm elated
Great! Are there any steps you took to help you relax? I could use some advice on this myself!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 12:04 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I was pretty nervous up until the moment began, but once i started, it got way easier. I knew my topics inside and out (preparation for court testimony relating to child welfare)
I looked at the few people I knew in the audience. That was comforting. As for people up close, I stared at the bridge of their nose - it helps with making "eye contact"
Also, I didn't eat anything too heavy beforehand, just a simple apple for lunch. Didn't have butterflies or anything like that!
Thanks for the encouragement, you mausers are favorite people of mine :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:17 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote:
...... As for people up close, I stared at the bridge of their nose - it helps with making "eye contact"...
That's a good idea! I need to try that. I have trouble making eye contact when I speak. I've realized that very little of what I say is ever "off the cuff" - I quickly plan what I'm going to say, and then "read" it off some neutral space in the room, like a wall or anything solid I can focus on that won't distract me. You'd think this would make me a good phone talker, but it's kind of the opposite. If I can't see the person at all, I get distracted by wondering if they're paying attention, or if I've "lost them" (I speak fairly slowly, so people can sometimes get impatient). So I prefer talking "face to face", but I could do better with my eye contact to make it a bit more effective, so I'll try the bridge-of-nose thing. It's a solid point on which to focus, but which won't distract me with its reactions (or lack thereof) like a pair of eyes would, but it's close enough to the eyes to make it seem like eye contact. Luckily, I can achieve most of my communication through E-mail (best invention ever), because I get my point across more effectively that way.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm 
anonymaus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:43 pm 
country maus

Alright, so I just took my Geometry final, and I'm super anxious that I failed it...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:50 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

It's so hard to believe you're in high school (due to your intelligence)...so my advice is to listen to Ariel, preferably during or after some herbal indulgence :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:25 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote:
It's so hard to believe you're in high school (due to your intelligence)...so my advice is to listen to Ariel, preferably during or after some herbal indulgence :)
Such as oregano :kebab:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:04 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

whatever it is just make sure it's not artificial, good friends :dancparty: