Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:56 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Twin Peaks Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:52 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Let's discuss this amazing series!
Back to what you said, PG, about who's behind the box.
You're right, it's likely Mr. C because he's the one who manufactured Dougie and arranged for the hitmen to kill Agent Cooper once he entered Dougie's body. Luckily, Dougie dropped his Great Northern Hotel key in the car as Jade and he drove away. The trick went awry, so Ike the Spike had to take care of the woman behind the hitmen operation. The attempt to take care of Dougie with a gun gets botched. Karate Chop!

If you look at the timeline, Agent Cooper arrived in the NYC box before he reaches the Purple Place/White Lodge...so the Mother was on his tail, appeared in the box (and devoured the lovebirds) shortly after Cooper departed from it. Then the Mother was knocking on the door in that room at the Purple Place before he transmits back to Earth.

Or it could be Phillip Jeffries who arranged for the box...it's difficult to contextualize his role because we've only heard/seen references to Phillip from Ray and the established connection to Argentina.
Also, it's easy to forget this, but Billy Zane (I think his character name in Season 2 is Wheeler) could be the "billionaire" behind the box. It is a mystery, but my money's on Mr. C.

I finally received my copy of The Secret History of Twin Peaks by Mark Frost, so I'm sure to find some deeper insight in what we witnessed on Sunday night. I did find an alien-looking creature within the image of an owl:
[ img ]

Also, regarding Part 8 of The Return, listen to this section when Mr. C gets shot, played 4x its speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMSoY4Ud1uI
genius stuff, folks. Don't miss out!

Post subject: Re: Twin Peaks Thread
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 8:41 pm 
the great maus detective

I just watched a couple of Youtube videos (and there are many) trying to explain/make sense of these new developments. All pretty much variations on what's been discussed here already, but if you're curious, they're out there.

Unfortunately for me, I've been catching up on the "old" Twin Peaks simultaneously with the new series, so I don't have the full story going into season 3 yet anyway. A lot of it might not even have much of a chance of making sense to me at this point. But hey, I'm still enjoying the ride. :headscratch:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:33 am 
john everymaus

You might want to skip certain episodes of season 2. I love the whole show but can admit there's some nonsense that definitely won't have any relevance to the current season. I would say watch up to episode 10 of S2, and then maybe skip to 14? Maybe all the way to 20. And watch the movie. The movie is very important.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:53 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Tonight, good Mausers! These last two weeks have been way too long :happy:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:20 pm 
anonymaus

Need to see Ariel at the Roadhouse doing Crying...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:47 pm 
john everymaus

Richard Horne is beyond hate-able. He is evil to the core.

This week felt like more set up, similar to last week. Tying the different threads together. I wish we didn't spend so much time in Vegas, but I'm excited for where everything is headed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:49 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

possiblegrenade wrote:
Richard Horne is beyond hate-able. He is evil to the core.

This week felt like more set up, similar to last week. Tying the different threads together. I wish we didn't spend so much time in Vegas, but I'm excited for where everything is headed.
Mr. C did something with Audrey while she was in a coma. Perhaps Audrey is still in a coma. I think Richard is the offspring of Audrey and Evil Cooper. It just seems that way but who knows...remember Donna is Ben Horne's daughter too, so there's another possibility, as remote as it seems
Also, that little shrimp who was beating up on Becky. Both Richard and Steven will surely get theirs (they better)
That scene with Richard chokes his grandmother Sylvia...so fucked up. Who beats up their grandmother? I guess people do
Yes, it was probably the most intense episode for me. Captivating beyond belief. It's just crazy and full of surprises.
I hope that letter is discovered at the Sheriff's Department. I hope Lucy's suspicion gets the best of all the evil bastards.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Part 11 was the best one so far. Wow :float:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm 
john everymaus

It was very good. Action packed! Shocked to see that AV Club gave it a B review.

It’s nice to see that Miriam lived, but she’s in rough shape. I can’t imagine she’ll live much longer, but hopefully long enough to rat out Richard.

Good catch up time with the Briggs family. I was thinking that Becky was cheating on Steven with Red, but not only was I wrong about who was cheating, but it’s Becky’s mom who is with Red. And Stephen is with Gersten Hayward! Which I learned this morning because I didn’t pay close enough to the credits last night. That was an interesting role for her character. I was actually wondering about her the other day, and thinking maybe she’d follow in her dad’s footsteps and be a doctor. Doesn’t appear to be the case.

Then there was the chaos outside the RR. Whatever was going on in the car behind the minivan was super fucked up.

It’s clear at this point that Diane is not on the FBI’s side. Given that Albert caught her trying to remember those coordinates, and she caught him, I would think there has to be a confrontation next week. The woodsmen are still terrifying. RIP Shaggy—I did appreciate his character. What did Gordon see? The inside of the convenience store?

Then on to Dougie. I think I’m finally on board with Jim Belushi in a Lynch production. I’ve felt that he just hasn’t really fit in the universe, and I know from what I’ve read that others agree, but after this episode he was working for me. Everything with his dream, and the dance when he got his check. Dougie avoided yet another hit, and this means that Anthony will have to come after him next. I wonder if he’ll get that chance, or if he’ll be exposed as someone behind fraud and get arrested or something. I wouldn’t mind seeing him get the ol’ karate chop. Dougie got to enjoy some “damn good” pie.

I saw somewhere that there’s a theory Dale will come back 10/1 at 2:53 like it says on the slip of paper from Major Briggs. The evidence is that in Part 3 the American Girl’s watch says “1” under the date, and that it’s 2:53. Maybe Dale’s body returned days before his consciousness. If this is true, then Dale Cooper should be back next week. We’ll see.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:49 pm 
the great maus detective

This is way too much fun.

Speaking of consciousness catching up with your body, I kind of feel like that with this show. :delaware:
There is a long "understanding lag" for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:29 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Those Woodsmen on the stairs (eye of the vortex) are in the same location as Laura Palmer when she went inside the painting in FWWW! Same wallpaper.
[ img ]
you'll need a bigger image to zoom in
http://www.dreadcentral.com/wp-content/ ... de11-7.jpg
in between the Woodsman
[ img ]
^Fire Walk With Me

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:19 pm 
john everymaus

Stoked for Part 15 this weekend!! What were everyone's favorite parts of 14? There was a lot to love I thought!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

obvious favorite was when Sarah Palmer did that number on that Free Cunt-ry Trumpkin. Boss as shit. :happy:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 pm 
anonymaus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYOXAhd-HQQ

is it gonna happen tonight? I don't want to lose Dougie :(

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:04 pm 
john everymaus

That's quite possibly what happened. That, or he's about to go on another Red Room journey. Or he's dead!

Part 15 was another great episode! Defintely teared up when we said goodbye to Margaret :sadluv: