Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:48 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:32 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

nothing wrong with anything you've said, RG, especially regarding the candidness with your wife. Some people are just connected in ways that have no definition
The last girl I had a crush on is now gone. Found out that she was getting married. I liked her a lot and even got a hug when she left. Such is life.
in fact, it's been nine years since I've dated. Obviously my work has made me jaded. I generally hide out when I'm not doing something work-related. I sometimes wish I had a person to show some sort of affinity, but I should have figured I was gonna be a loner ever since I was a kid.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:56 pm 
john everymaus

RareGoat wrote: *
2. As we all know from the news stories everyday, men in the workplace are sex-crazed pigs. So I have that lovely legacy to contend with. I’m not that way at all, but damn it makes me self-conscious and very cautious.
The fact that you're recognizing this is a very very good thing. And that you've talked to your wife. Hard to give much advice when it sounds like you're doing everything right thus far! If this is reciprocal I'm sure you'll keep in touch. Modern tech makes that pretty easy.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:40 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

AppTrans wrote: *
nothing wrong with anything you've said, RG, especially regarding the candidness with your wife. Some people are just connected in ways that have no definition
The last girl I had a crush on is now gone. Found out that she was getting married. I liked her a lot and even got a hug when she left. Such is life.
in fact, it's been nine years since I've dated. Obviously my work has made me jaded. I generally hide out when I'm not doing something work-related. I sometimes wish I had a person to show some sort of affinity, but I should have figured I was gonna be a loner ever since I was a kid.
Such is life indeed. Your story is quite touching too, I can definitely relate.
Hope you find someone to share your time with. You seem reasonably content with your lonerism (trademark Tame Impala), but keep your eyes and ears open and a compatible soul will eventually come around. I found mine fairly late in life, and prior to that I never made much effort to date anyone, and spent most of my time alone at home. But somehow it happened, and I knew the time was right.

I'm so appreciative of you and PG giving me understanding feedback too. It probably appears that I have it all under control, and I think I do now, but it's been months of confusion and uncertainty getting to this point. I just couldn't stop thinking about it and I was really afraid for a while that I would do something embarrassing at best, or life-ruining at worst. It took a lot of soul searching to really get to the bottom of what I really wanted out of this. But at the beginning I really thought I might be falling in love or something. But it wasn't, it was just a very strong and definite need to make a connection. And we have, sorta. Just a small handful of really nice personal conversations, but overwhelmed volume-wise by daily work-related communication. She's really professional and stays 99% focused on work most of the time; starts early in the day and keeps on going til the evening hours. One of the things I like about her, in fact. She must be nuts.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:42 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

possiblegrenade wrote: *
2. As we all know from the news stories everyday, men in the workplace are sex-crazed pigs. So I have that lovely legacy to contend with. I’m not that way at all, but damn it makes me self-conscious and very cautious.
The fact that you're recognizing this is a very very good thing. And that you've talked to your wife. Hard to give much advice when it sounds like you're doing everything right thus far! If this is reciprocal I'm sure you'll keep in touch. Modern tech makes that pretty easy.
Finally overcoming my guilt allowed me to talk to her about it openly and honestly, and I'm certain that's when I finally made it over the hump. I'm not out of the woods yet, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I've traveled a long hard road to this point. Really appreciate your comments.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:51 am 
anonymaus

Finally overcoming my guilt allowed me to talk to her about it openly and honestly, and I'm certain that's when I finally made it over the hump. I'm not out of the woods yet, but as I mentioned in my previous post, I've traveled a long hard road to this point. Really appreciate your comments.
I dealt with something similar, feeling wise, I THINK, well maybe a little different, because I wasn't involved with anyone else at the time. Where you feel this 'love/like' thing that is so strong and you feel connected to a person and don't want the connection to disappear. I commend you for discussing it with your wife and coming out with it to the girl at work. And as long as your intentions are a friendship I think you are doing alright, simply so you don't drive yourself crazy on some other levels. When I felt similar feelings for a guy, a long time ago I was confused by them. I thought I was romantically in love with him, but I didn't realize at the time I could platonically love a friend. I was never jealous or cared when he was with other girls. It was a weird experience, glad I made it through that one. I blame it simply on lack of experience, I jumped from a 4 year relationship to a 7 year relationship and it was my first time being single since the age of 15. The good thing is we are still friends(13 years later), and when we get together we can talk about stuff on levels I can't with most, which is all I could ask for.

Good luck! :sherlock:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:54 pm 
country maus

She's beautiful, she's got a cute southern accent (she moved to Alabama like a year ago, and she's already getting the SWEETEST sounding accent!), I've known her all my life, we share a lot of common interests, she has an awesome fashion sense, she's adorable, she's funny, ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶b̶s̶ AND she has incredible taste in like everything.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:16 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

irisdawn wrote: *
I dealt with something similar, feeling wise, I THINK, well maybe a little different, because I wasn't involved with anyone else at the time. Where you feel this 'love/like' thing that is so strong and you feel connected to a person and don't want the connection to disappear. I commend you for discussing it with your wife and coming out with it to the girl at work. And as long as your intentions are a friendship I think you are doing alright, simply so you don't drive yourself crazy on some other levels. When I felt similar feelings for a guy, a long time ago I was confused by them. I thought I was romantically in love with him, but I didn't realize at the time I could platonically love a friend. I was never jealous or cared when he was with other girls. It was a weird experience, glad I made it through that one. I blame it simply on lack of experience, I jumped from a 4 year relationship to a 7 year relationship and it was my first time being single since the age of 15. The good thing is we are still friends(13 years later), and when we get together we can talk about stuff on levels I can't with most, which is all I could ask for.

Good luck! :sherlock:
Really appreciate the share Corinne, it’s great to hear of others’ experiences. i can understand where you’re coming from, and it’s comforting to know others have the same kind of things going on in their lives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:19 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Viewbob wrote: *
She's beautiful, she's got a cute southern accent (she moved to Alabama like a year ago, and she's already getting the SWEETEST sounding accent!), I've known her all my life, we share a lot of common interests, she has an awesome fashion sense, she's adorable, she's funny, ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶t̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶b̶o̶o̶b̶s̶ AND she has incredible taste in like everything.
She sounds great, man. Interesting you have a thing for the southern accent. The lady in referenced in my posts above is from Minnesota and I’m a total sucker for the Minnesota accent. :lol:

Forum locked  This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 23 posts ]  Go to page « 1 2