Identifying songs featuring John Maus

Talk about all things Maus.

Identifying songs featuring John Maus

Postby WhatTheFugue » Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:16 pm

I have searched everywhere online and can't seem to find definitive answers. Are there released songs that feature both John Maus and Ariel Pink? My understanding is that they met in music school years ago and played together, but as far as I know John Maus was never an actual member of Haunted Graffiti.

The reason I ask is because I have devoured everything I can possibly find by Maus. I only heard of Ariel Pink while reading about Maus, which led me to check out Ariel Pink's music. I cannot help but feel I hear very Maus-like sounds in some of Pink's songs. For example, in Symphony of the Nymph the keyboards are VERY strongly Maus-like. Also, following the line, "I'm just a rock and roller from Beverly Hills, my name is Ariel... and I'm a nymph..." there is a "la-la-laaaaaa laaaaa...." just after that which to me sounds like John Maus's deep voice. This is from the album Mature Themes. There are actually a few other Pink songs which feature keyboards that sound so much like Maus to me. I have tried to search for credits on albums and songs but cannot find any mention of Maus.

Does anyone have any information on this?
WhatTheFugue
anonymaus

Re: Identifying songs featuring John Maus

Postby Viewbob » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Well, We know Loverboy, Ghosts, Possibly Something In Your Eye, The Law (Ariel's version and John's version alike) Chart-beep, You Are My Angel and Time Is Wasting, but I'm sure there are way others considering John is credited on a ton of Ariel's other works, and how close they are. Am I forgetting any?
Viewbob
little maus on the prairie

Re: Identifying songs featuring John Maus

Postby golddust » Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:59 pm

Ariel is in the background of "I Hate Music" listing musical genres :sherlock:
golddust
anonymaus

Return to Talk