Maus album covers

Talk about all things Maus.
WhatTheFugue
anonymaus

Maus album covers

Post by WhatTheFugue » Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:54 am

Any thoughts on Maus' album covers? I personally love all of them.
When I see the cover of 'Censors' I think of the song Keep Pushing On. I see that lighthouse light blasting through the thick fog. That light is pushing through no matter what.

I also love the image on the cover of 'Rarities'. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but that little chip out of the side of the planet image creates a perfect imperfection.

The cover of Love Is Real actually reminds me of the styles of late 70s early 80s metal album art... Judas Priest's Pain Killer comes to mind

The pink cover of John Maus 'Songs' is the oddest to me. I keep wondering why HE would choose that. Is it supposed to show the moment of the apocalypse?

Harry
city maus

Re: Maus album covers

Post by Harry » Sat Aug 12, 2017 9:41 am

WhatTheFugue wrote:
Sat Aug 12, 2017 2:54 am
I also love the image on the cover of 'Rarities'. Not only is it beautiful on its own, but that little chip out of the side of the planet image creates a perfect imperfection.

verdinick
anonymaus

Post by verdinick » Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:22 pm

I have been obsessing over what the new album's cover will be like... I love all of them for different reasons. I definitely think the lighthouse piercing through the fog could be the most appropriate image to describe John Maus.

MausterofDisguise
mausopatamia

Post by MausterofDisguise » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:04 am

Harry! :lol: