Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:44 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:54 am 
anonymaus

hey if you haven't seen it, john worked with MDE over hear: skip to 9:20 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23mnYwbQYec

now one of the MDE dudes in a reddit ama (https://www.reddit.com/r/milliondollare ... r/dayhvex/)

in it, he answered a question about working with john maus: "I'll be collaborating on a music video for his new album soon!"

NEW ALBUM SOON |:o

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 1:51 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Can't see it on my computer, but I am excited.
Around this time two years ago, he tweeted an image of his synthesizer creation
Go John! I'm sure it'll be amazing
:happy:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:42 pm 
mausketeer

"I love him so much. He didn't want to come visit and stay in a hotel when we were shooting, he wanted to crash at our place so he was on the couch for several nights. He brought ghosts in, I swear to god...someone (something?) screamed bloody murder from beyond the first night he was in there and scared everyone stiff... and second night there were bugs flooding the place like the plague. He has a presence unmatched and he poured his soul out in his bit. I'll be collaborating on a music video for his new album soon!"

Biblical proportions!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:33 pm 
little maus on the prairie

Awesome news! I hope he does a 'Demos 2016' or something like what he did before pitiless censors came out!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:37 pm 
city maus

pitilesscensor wrote:
"I love him so much. He didn't want to come visit and stay in a hotel when we were shooting, he wanted to crash at our place so he was on the couch for several nights. He brought ghosts in, I swear to god...someone (something?) screamed bloody murder from beyond the first night he was in there and scared everyone stiff... and second night there were bugs flooding the place like the plague. He has a presence unmatched and he poured his soul out in his bit. I'll be collaborating on a music video for his new album soon!"

Biblical proportions!
heh heh. that's a funny story. he sounds a bit like stacey sutherland from the 13th floor elevators where there was always a dark cloud surrounding him according to the bio i read sometime ago.
i'm probably way off the mark though

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:48 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I wonder how Johnny feels about the whole MDE World Peace x Adult Swim cancellation debacle. And the election. And things in general. About time for him to do another AMA.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:52 am 
anonymaus

Pitchfork says they apparently reached out to him and his people for a comment on this whole thing... I am certainly interested to see what he makes of this. But REALLY.....Just wanting a new album/little taste of it/a new interview/ANYTHING PLEASE GOD.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:10 am 
little maus on the prairie

verdinick wrote:
But REALLY.....Just wanting a new album/little taste of it/a new interview/ANYTHING PLEASE GOD.
I totally agree, I just want SOMETHING new!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:22 pm 
john everymaus

This makes me very happy |:o

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 10:04 pm 
mausketeer

LadyLazarus wrote:
I wonder how Johnny feels about the whole MDE World Peace x Adult Swim cancellation debacle. And the election. And things in general. About time for him to do another AMA.
I'm curious as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 4:39 pm 
john everymaus

The media is really blowing that shit up. Like labeling it a "white supremacist show." It's all Sam Hyde and his shenanigans outside the show though...I don't get alt right vibes when I'm watching. You've all seen it right? Am I crazy or is it all pretty much what you'd normally expect from adult swim?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 7:48 pm 
country maus

possiblegrenade wrote:
The media is really blowing that shit up. Like labeling it a "white supremacist show." It's all Sam Hyde and his shenanigans outside the show though...I don't get alt right vibes when I'm watching. You've all seen it right? Am I crazy or is it all pretty much what you'd normally expect from adult swim?
it was more his twitter account and shit like that. in a recent interview they ask sam if he's racist and he says "I think I'm as biased against other races as any other white man." which could mean anything from "everyone is racist and afraid to admit it" to a harmful thought like "hmm a lot of black people sure like basketball shoes." but honestly, when your show is owned by ted turner you can't go around on twitter saying patton oswalt killed his wife or any of the shit he retweets and expect there not to be a backlash that could hurt the future of your show.

regarding the show there were subtle "racist" remarks, but you can think of them however you want. genetically altering embryos to create superior humans and charls calling one of the cutouts "chigger", sam doing "blackface" (although the black character was sanest out of the three character scenarios), sam telling an asian kid something like "you guys will take over the world, along with the other undesirables." it can all be satire or it can all be racism, but I didn't get the impression he was doing a white supremacist show. if anything they made fun of white people more than anyone else.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:07 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

What do you guys think of Molly Nilsson publicly denouncing the show on her Facebook page the other night? Seemed a knee-jerk reaction to a Pitchfork clickbait piece to me. Disappointing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:53 pm 
country maus

I think it's a joke. These bands are just trying to save face to avoid/stop being attacked by people saying "you were on a racist show, are you racist?" I just watched a new sam hyde interview today, gavin mcinnes says "so all the bands featured on your show made statements apologizing for being on your show" and sam says "everyone except john maus." that made me smile :)

also here's a couple quotes from charls of mde's reddit ama about john maus in case you guys are interested:

"i need john maus in my life. he really is just right, great time working with him hahaha he was sleeping over while he was here we were laughing so hard every night. im looking forward to his new album"
"hes very hi octane, like the ole game from back in the day by bullfrog. got good magic carpet graphics. yeah you can go anywhere with john, i got along very well with him always laughin you know how it goes. "
"oh damn yeah he's got doosies that spin your head around. there were times where we were screamin. it was very fine living with him around. it was surreal hahaha"

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 1:57 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

j0rdan wrote:
I think it's a joke. These bands are just trying to save face to avoid/stop being attacked by people saying "you were on a racist show, are you racist?" I just watched a new sam hyde interview today, gavin mcinnes says "so all the bands featured on your show made statements apologizing for being on your show" and sam says "everyone except john maus." that made me smile :)
Love it. I got the MDE book for my boyfriend (whom I met here on mausspace, incidentally!) for Christmas. He was speculating about John Maus being into MDE long before any of their collaborations actually came to light. Anybody else got the book? Digital copies came out yesterday.