Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 2:36 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 5:03 am 
hippopotamaus

Nice!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:40 am 
anonymaus

Soy de Argentina. Algun usuario tiene material inedito/demos de john maus?
gracias

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:53 am 
anonymaus

fragancia wrote:
I NEED GET INFORMATION DEMOS Y MATERIAL DE JOHN MAUS THANK FROM ARGENTINA

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:23 pm 
anonymaus

Uh, hey, everyone. I had no idea that this website existed until I went looking for demos, but I'm sure glad it does. I'm the only one I know who's into John Maus, so it will be neat to be able to discuss his stuff with someone who knows what they're talking about for a change.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:01 pm 
anonymaus

Any chance for any John Maus Remix Material?
Great Songs!

:sherlock:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:54 pm 
anonymaus

I just joined and wanted to say a quick hi to everyone on Maus Space. A friend introduced me to his music only a few months ago (I'm eternally grateful!), and it's been the soundtrack to my life ever since, helping me through the agony of writing my first book. I was also lucky enough to catch John live in London last week, and too shy to say hi.
Anyway, I'm thrilled I found this forum, and look forward to learning more about the weird and wonderful world of Maus.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:37 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Hey, I was there, too! No reason to be shy whatsoever. John (and it seems the rest of the fans) are a supernaturally lovely bunch! It was the best night of my life. I hope you loved it like I did! I'm intrigued to know more about your book (if you're willing to reveal, that is). Welcome! :truluv:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 9:26 pm 
anonymaus

LadyLazarus wrote:
Hey, I was there, too! No reason to be shy whatsoever. John (and it seems the rest of the fans) are a supernaturally lovely bunch! It was the best night of my life. I hope you loved it like I did! I'm intrigued to know more about your book (if you're willing to reveal, that is). Welcome! :truluv:
Hey LadyLazarus, I had an awesome night, don't know when I last danced so hard. Kicking myself now for not staying on for chats after the show. I blame my current social awkwardness on being cooped up at home writing. My book's turning into a sprawling nightmare involving some ancient gods (think Neil Gaiman's American Gods but set in London and not nearly so well written), betrayal, love, second chances and music... thanks for your interest :) If this thing ever sees the light of day, I will let you know.
Thanks so much for your welcome!!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:54 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

IrisSala wrote:
LadyLazarus wrote:
Hey LadyLazarus, I had an awesome night, don't know when I last danced so hard. Kicking myself now for not staying on for chats after the show. I blame my current social awkwardness on being cooped up at home writing. My book's turning into a sprawling nightmare involving some ancient gods (think Neil Gaiman's American Gods but set in London and not nearly so well written), betrayal, love, second chances and music... thanks for your interest :) If this thing ever sees the light of day, I will let you know.
Thanks so much for your welcome!!
Oooo I am very interested in this. I'm a big Gaiman fan, myself. Recently read The Graveyard Book and found myself amateurishly 'copying' it when I've dabbled in my own (TERRIBLE!) writing. He just has that effect on people. :D

Also I find it fantastic we have a few authors here on mausspace. Our very own ganzergrey is also working on his own novel, I believe.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:06 pm 
anonymaus

Oooo I am very interested in this. I'm a big Gaiman fan, myself. Recently read The Graveyard Book and found myself amateurishly 'copying' it when I've dabbled in my own (TERRIBLE!) writing. He just has that effect on people. :D

You just continue writing, it gets better the more you do it (so I tell myself anyway). Good taste in music and authors, I approve :) next time you get to London we'll have to have a drink and talk!

Also I find it fantastic we have a few authors here on mausspace. Our very own ganzergrey is also working on his own novel, I believe.[/quote]

Oh, wicked, I hope he'll let us know what it's about! Great this is forum is a space for so many creative people!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:31 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

IrisSala wrote:
You just continue writing, it gets better the more you do it (so I tell myself anyway). Good taste in music and authors, I approve :) next time you get to London we'll have to have a drink and talk!
I would love that! I'm in the deep country of Devon, but in Exeter so it's still somewhat civilised! London was a ways for me to go, but I will always get myself there for a John Maus gig. Tempted to make the journey for Ariel in November, but that's not even in central London (York Hall Leisure Centre). You'll have to let us all know if you check it out!
IrisSala wrote:
Oh, wicked, I hope he'll let us know what it's about! Great this is forum is a space for so many creative people!
A bit about ganzergrey's novel here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neu ... ca-a-novel

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:30 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

IrisSala wrote:
Also I find it fantastic we have a few authors here on mausspace. Our very own ganzergrey is also working on his own novel, I believe.

http://www.mausspace.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... =2&t=17306

:nod:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:49 am 
anonymaus

HOW I DISCOVERED JOHN MAUS

It was June 2012 and people started talking about this thing called the transit of Venus. It rolls around and I can't see it (clouds+no telescope), but the pictures are beautiful. A little ways down the road I'm browsing a music forum and catch sight of the cover to A Collection of Rarities and Previously Unreleased Material. I think "great cover", then I listen and think "greatest music".

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:18 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Great story, skidoo. I think it's fascinating learning what draws each person in. However different our experiences and backgrounds are, there seems to be a fine collective of like-minded individuals here. Those Tillmans shots of Venus and the sun are certainly very striking, but apparently not chosen by John! Seems Ribbon did all the selection for that collection. Lucky for you, one of their choices spurred on your discovery! I, of course, adore Rarities completely and even defended it when I got to talk to John before his London show. He's keen to dismiss it as 'not a real album' and more along the lines of a cash incentive for the record label. Maybe that's just modesty talking, I don't know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:09 pm 
anonymaus

Nice to see such a nice and dedicated fanbase...started becoming a big fan of Mr.Maus after I read his interview in the quietus. His music's great too, it all makes sense when you read his interviews. Him and ariel are the new evolution in popstars. haha. Nice to meet everyone here.