Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:46 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

Post subject: Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:41 am 
anonymaus

Hi!

I'm newly registered and wanted to ask a question here that has been bugging me for some time now.

So some months ago I had read the adhoc letter John had written years ago and it was pretty heart-breaking to read, I really felt miserable at the time of reading after having gone through a minor breakup that was preceded and followed by isolation and the letter gave me some sort of consolation to know that I'm not the only one that is being kind of reluctant to let go of a moment of shared intimacy to the degree where it just is leaving you desperate in the most gut-wrenching way with the feeling accompanying kind of like the death of a person, though it is only the death of a relationship, of a single connection...yet it was endowed with this great reconciliatory potential.

...Anyway, so after reading the end of the letter with this really grim outlook I was exuberantly relieved to say the least to find out he had married lately and I kind of felt triumphant for him, I was really proud of him having made it to this finally.

Now some time after that I went to a concert of his not too long ago and I noticed that he played the song Bennington live and this brings me to my present day impression. I kind of watched a couple of other live performances on youtube and I just can't shake the feeling that somehow it's terribly wrong everytime I hear that song performed live considering this story behind it and since I imagine this must have been written in this unbearable sense of yearning needed to be expressed...it seems to me in a way really disrespectful towards his own past pain and it's irritating as it seems insincere to pretend to be still in this specific yearning.

I'm sorry if I come off harsh or something and also if there are any errors (english is not my native language)..but how do you guys feel about this?

Post subject: Re: Question
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:47 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

I see what you're saying. Since he's on tour, he and his band have to enrapture the audience with songs they love. Bennington is definitely a favorite. Perhaps he has a different take on that story now that he's married. I don't think he's forsaking his past experiences, though.
Good to meet you, btw :happy: