Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:53 pm

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:05 am 
anonymaus

So when I first saw the video for Counter Strike, I was really excited! It came out of the blue for me and I was pumped because I knew John Maus was coming back. Listening to it months later, I discovered something interesting...

The sci-fi kind of sound effect heard a minute and twenty seconds into Counter Strike is from the song Outer Space on Addendum. However, there are a couple of other songs. There is the slow, haunting, ethereal song in the first part of the video and a fast-paced sort of song in the second half.

I am just wondering where these other songs came from. I was instantly hooked to the first song in Counter Strike as soon as I heard it and I've been listening to it on loop for a few hours now!

Also, the chair-throwing scene can also be seen in this video version of Castles in the Grave.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:02 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

StevenTheYounger wrote: *
So when I first saw the video for Counter Strike, I was really excited! It came out of the blue for me and I was pumped because I knew John Maus was coming back. Listening to it months later, I discovered something interesting...

The sci-fi kind of sound effect heard a minute and twenty seconds into Counter Strike is from the song Outer Space on Addendum. However, there are a couple of other songs. There is the slow, haunting, ethereal song in the first part of the video and a fast-paced sort of song in the second half.

I am just wondering where these other songs came from. I was instantly hooked to the first song in Counter Strike as soon as I heard it and I've been listening to it on loop for a few hours now!

Also, the chair-throwing scene can also be seen in this video version of Castles in the Grave.
The said songs were recorded around the same time he recorded tracks for Screen Memories and some of Addendum but not included on any release. He sent those songs to a person who asked him about them at a show. Mentioned numerous times on here. Welcome to Mausspace :happy: