and then...there was hope...

Discuss previous and upcoming shows here.
verdinick
anonymaus

Re: and then...there was hope...

Post by verdinick » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:39 am

I agree... Jesus, Quantum Leap band version :D
I did some more digging and it looks like John's brother Joe Maus is one of the three band members?!? This is just insane. I can't wait any longer.

sean
anonymaus

Post by sean » Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:36 pm

verdinick wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:39 am
I agree... Jesus, Quantum Leap band version :D
I did some more digging and it looks like John's brother Joe Maus is one of the three band members?!? This is just insane. I can't wait any longer.
What no way!! how'd you find this out? I can't wait

AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Post by AppTrans » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:18 pm

he's right...there's a band. Keyboardist, drummer, bassist & John

AppTrans
¯\(º_o)/¯

Post by AppTrans » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:58 am

8D

sean
anonymaus

Post by sean » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:16 pm

https://twitter.com/devatadaun/status/8 ... 1574118400
I found footage of the band playing!! Sounds like they're playing Castles in the Grave

Marfke
anonymaus

Post by Marfke » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:47 am

https://twitter.com/devatadaun/status/8 ... 1574118400

15 seconds live of 'Castles in the Grave' few days ago..

themanfromjupiter
anonymaus

Post by themanfromjupiter » Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:09 pm

LA sold out instantly. Very sad. Glad he's come back though.

jessepidaflop
anonymaus

Post by jessepidaflop » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 pm

Anyone know how strict the Zebulon in Los Angeles is with the 21+ policy? Already tried buying a fake id for the show and got scammed. Going to order another today and hope it comes in time, but wanted to know if it was truly necessary. Anyone with any knowledge on the venue please let me know.

wmbogart
anonymaus

Post by wmbogart » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:54 pm

Looks like John was added to all three nights of Ariel's residency in San Francisco, October 14-16.
jessepidaflop wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:38 pm
Anyone know how strict the Zebulon in Los Angeles is with the 21+ policy? Already tried buying a fake id for the show and got scammed. Going to order another today and hope it comes in time, but wanted to know if it was truly necessary. Anyone with any knowledge on the venue please let me know.
From what I've heard, they're semi-strict about it. If you have a halfway convincing fake, I'm sure you'd get in without a hassle. Friends have had luck just bringing someone else's ID; if you're coming in with a large group, they barely glance at the ID beyond the dates.

jessepidaflop
anonymaus

Post by jessepidaflop » Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 pm

Thanks. Also, what the fuck is wrong with the Zebulon's ticket distribution. The day the show was announced (around a two months ago) i checked the the Ticketfly link from the Zebulon site and it said the tickets were Off Sale. I repetitively checked the site and it continued to say Off Sale. I asked a friend if she knew anything about the tickets, and she'd told me she emailed the venue and they said the show was sold out. Today, on the Zebulon site, it said the tickets went up at 12:00 PM PST. I checked at 12:30, and it said it was sold out. My mission to see the star himself is becoming very bumpy. If it's fact that there's nothing i can do at this point with the Zebulon, anyone selling tickets please private message me.

wmbogart
anonymaus

Post by wmbogart » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:05 pm

jessepidaflop wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 pm
Thanks. Also, what the fuck is wrong with the Zebulon's ticket distribution. The day the show was announced (around a two months ago) i checked the the Ticketfly link from the Zebulon site and it said the tickets were Off Sale. I repetitively checked the site and it continued to say Off Sale. I asked a friend if she knew anything about the tickets, and she'd told me she emailed the venue and they said the show was sold out. Today, on the Zebulon site, it said the tickets went up at 12:00 PM PST. I checked at 12:30, and it said it was sold out. My mission to see the star himself is becoming very bumpy. If it's fact that there's nothing i can do at this point with the Zebulon, anyone selling tickets please private message me.
Kinda surprised he hasn't added a second show, there's a gap in touring after the 1st. Hopefully he'll add one. I somehow missed the initial ticket sale too.

Zebulon is super small for someone with his following (probably because of his aversion to larger spaces), but I didn't expect it to be so difficult to get tickets. On the other hand, it's heartening to see how much demand there is for Maus tickets after years of radio silence.

jessepidaflop
anonymaus

Post by jessepidaflop » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 am

very cool. rose out of the ashes

jessepidaflop
anonymaus

Post by jessepidaflop » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:20 pm

"The show sold out in under 2 mins, so unfortunately that’s why it said off sale the entire time. John will be back in LA in 2018, I apologize for the extreme demand."

response from John's touring manager. such a fucking shame.

LadyLazarus
¯\(º_o)/¯

Post by LadyLazarus » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:28 pm

I got into the Baby's show by virtue of John himself. If he hadn't put me on the list I never would have got in (I even paid 50 bucks to some goon who never came through with tickets and have yet to be refunded). John was talking about a plan to put Mausspacers on a special list in the future so this doesn't happen again. He truly loves us all.

sean
anonymaus

Post by sean » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:29 pm

Hey! I'm technically a mausspacer!
Either way that was awfully nice of him. Here's hoping I get to meet him personally in Ohio next month...