Maus Space

I've continually had a liking for the mystical, but it wasn't until I matured a little iota that I discovered John Maus!
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:42 am

All times are UTC+01:00

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:57 pm 
¯\(º_o)/¯

wowiezowie wrote:
I can't believe you guys are all listening to it before it's even come out, can't you wait?
No. We seek your assistance in the patience department.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 pm 
anonymaus

yoyoyoyoy wrote:
Don't forget Revenge of the Iceman! Also, where did you find the track list for NSS?
Oh yeah, nice! 6 new tracks.

Tracklist Here: https://www.banquetrecords.com/ariel-pi ... on/MEX2402
AppTrans wrote:
What are your favorite tracks?
Feels Like Heaven
Dedicated to Bobby Jameson
Dreamdate Narcissist

Also love the singles, but have been listening to the other tracks more as I didn't overplay them before the leak.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 pm 
little maus on the prairie

I wonder if Iceman and Short Man Syndrome are gonna be B-sides? Also, nice to see that the version of Nighttime is great that he played live a while back is gonna be released! I wonder what "May The Music Never Die Again" is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:23 pm 
the great maus detective

Listening to an album before it's been "released" seems part of a modern trend in line with other previously unthinkable phenomena, such as checking in to a flight the day before you arrive at the airport.

HOW DOES HE DO THAT?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:30 pm 
mausketeer

pinkspoons wrote:
wowiezowie wrote:
I can't believe you guys are all listening to it before it's even come out, can't you wait?
what do you mean? i did wait... til it leaked.

we live in a different time. the way people consume media changed years ago. real artists know the drill.

i actual buy more records these days based off the fact that i am able to listen before i buy.

:sneaky:
I guess i don't live in the same time as you then, just think when you're bored of the album i'll still haven't of heard it.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:00 am 
hippopotamaus

Thank you Maus Spacers for your generosity. :wave:
And REL, I'll buy it, sorry for being impatient.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 6:06 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

wowiezowie wrote:
pinkspoons wrote:
wowiezowie wrote:

we live in a different time. the way people consume media changed years ago. real artists know the drill.

i actual buy more records these days based off the fact that i am able to listen before i buy.

I guess i don't live in the same time as you then, just think when you're bored of the album i'll still haven't of heard it.
i have yet to get bored with any ariel record. more likely you will be listening to the record when i finally get my hands on that deluxe lp. can not wait. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:23 am 
anonymaus

pinkspoons wrote:
wowiezowie wrote:
pinkspoons wrote:
wowiezowie wrote:

i have yet to get bored with any ariel record. more likely you will be listening to the record when i finally get my hands on that deluxe lp. can not wait. ;)
Agreed! I pre ordered my deluxe straIght away. I'll always pay ariel for his work. Time to live right? Sooner, later,
Never? Who knows. I feel ok as long as I'm not ripping anyone off. Plus early/late... it's basically the same. What if I died next week? I'm looking forward to getting my physical even more now after hearing it, oddly. I want to read the credits, lyrics. Pour over the artwork. All these things i find immensely enjoyable. But I appreciate the kind sadomasochistic waiting.. You might enjoy it even more. When Pom Pom leaked early me and spider hawk realised It was roughly as many days to release as there were tracks so we listened to a track a day like a Pom Pom advent calendar. Which was weird actually. Probably won't do that again.

Still obsessed with bubblegum dreams. Not a song on the record I don't like.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:04 pm 
anonymaus

so stoked for NIGHT TIME IS GREAT!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:56 pm 
the great maus detective

Just starting to feel inklings of regret for not getting the deluxe set. I'm gonna want that bonus 12" now that I know what's on it. Ah well. Maybe someday. All the other extras that I don't care much about (poster, slipcase) drove the price out of my comfort zone.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:28 pm 
anonymaus

Just listening to the new album now. Really like it.
Anyone notice the snippet of "White Rain in the Windy Summer" (from "Trash & Burn") at the end of "Time to Live"?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:17 pm 
hippopotamaus

MausterofDisguise wrote:
White Rain in the Windy Summer
:limp:

darkcarpet wrote:
What if I died next week?
No! TIME TO LIVE!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:26 pm 
anonymaus

MausterofDisguise wrote:
MausterofDisguise wrote:
White Rain in the Windy Summer
:limp:
Ha, missed that :)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 8:25 pm 
little maus on the prairie

Mates, I don't have a functioning turntable at the moment... would one of you fine mausers be kind enough to :sneaky: r̶i̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:27 am 
¯\(º_o)/¯

Viewbob wrote:
Mates, I don't have a functioning turntable at the moment... would one of you fine mausers be kind enough to :sneaky: r̶i̶p̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶i̶c̶t̶u̶r̶e̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶e?
i'm sure someone will rip it when it comes out.

:festive: